Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (6)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

RS T-120 Woofer

edited April 21 in DIY

I have a pair of RS T-120 cabinets to repurpose. About 1.6^3Ft. gross to work with. Will have a mid chamber of sorts.
I have a pair of Gradient AXT-10 woofers with these measurements. Fs 31 Hz, Qts .277, Qms .2116 Qes 5.664 Vas 3.44^3Ft Le .849. That is what the WT3 spit out. Ported
Or sealed with a MCM 55-1215, no measurement but here are the factory specs. https://www.farnell.com/datasheets/3686237.pdf
Or woofer someone else would recommend off the cuff.
The cabinets will need to be beefed up. The ATX-10 is one meaty woofer but will not dig too deep.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Perhaps the Dayton Designer 10".

I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:
    Perhaps the Dayton Designer 10".

@Mitchell_Cote - I have 4 of the DSA270 (10 inch aluminum) that I haven't measured TS parameters on. If you look at their specs and consider them, I can measure them so you can compare some actual measurements to the mfg specs. (But it will have to wait until next week).

• Dark horse option is the 10" GRS poly cone "subwoofer". The 8" makes a fine woofer, the 10" is probably no different as far as that goes. Has reasonably flat response out to 2K, 8.5mm Xmax, works awesome in a sealed enclosure (may have to plug the Realistic port). Only $30.

I have a signature.
  • Hell, you could probably get away with the GRS sealed back midrange - a driver which punches about six classes above its weight class as evidenced by its performance in the 8" 3-way that demoed at Indy last year.

Steve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • I was thinking more along those budget lines. That's why I through the MCM in the mix; there is a pair on Ebay.
    I picked up the AXT-10 on clearance so it is cheap.
    I have a pair of NE256-08 that will work. If ported the little RS port will have to go.
    Thanks for the input. I was curious what someone else might do. There are a number options.

• Definitely go with the Vifa if you have a mid and tweet with the chops to keep up, SQ wise.

I have a signature.