Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

SB12MNRX2-25-04 . . .

Fresh out of the box without break-in.

They sound so well balanced and flat response with no annoying peaks at all - these are going to be sweet and easy to work with.
(Nothing like the very chirpy/piercing FaitalPro 6" 6FE200's I just tested after break-in - those are very much in need of some hi freq attenuation and need to be crossed above 250 Hz as there is some crunchy distortion below that point with any loud SPL applied).

FYI.

Comments

• It is truly a world class midrange and a damn good value.

Steve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • Wasn't there a double magnet version? Can't seem to find it now

• @ani_101 said:
    Wasn't there a double magnet version? Can't seem to find it now

Buyout at PE.

I have a signature.
  • I have a pair of both the PE buyouts and the SB12MNRX2-25-04. The soft parts (cone, dust cap, surround, and spider) appear to be identical. The frames are slightly different and the buyout has that extra bucking magnet. I bet they measure and sound more similar than different.

Steve_Lee
  • edited January 26

@PWRRYD said:
    I have a pair of both the PE buyouts and the SB12MNRX2-25-04. The soft parts (cone, dust cap, surround, and spider) appear to be identical. The frames are slightly different and the buyout has that extra bucking magnet. I bet they measure and sound more similar than different.

Troels used them in his troelsgravesen.dk/SBAcoustics-3WC.htm project.

• Not the same as the buyouts.

• Same design - different basket.

• Nope. Different T/S specs.

• In any event, I stand corrected on the SB stock version. I believe the buyout was advertised as having a copper sleeve.

I have a signature.